We are seeking a Financial Advisor to join our team.
The Financial Advisor provides exceptional customer service to a portfolio of clients and plan members by offering a full range of investment, insurance, and group RSP services. The Financial Advisor identifies client needs and provides solutions to help them reach their long-term financial goals.
Here’s what would be included as a part of your typical day
Client Service: Builds strong relationships with current and potential clients and plan members; identifies financial needs and provides financial advice to clients or refers to the appropriate advisor. Manages assets through proactive regular contact, ensuring current and future needs are identified and met.
Group RSP/Pension Member Onboarding and Off Boarding: As our clients (the plan sponsors) bring new employees on or let them go you will be responsible for plan member interactions and assisting with on boarding and off-boarding. This will entail in person, phone and/or video calls, assisting plan members with the administrative steps of enrollment, investment advice and guidance as they choose how their money will be invested and as a plan member leaves the plan you will assist with “what to do with your money now” phone calls. These off-boarding calls provide the plan member with all options as they are no longer attached to the underlying pension or Group RSP and will assist you in the growth of your individual book of business.
Company Goals: Supports achievement of annual company goals and objectives through proactive promotion including seminars and lunch n’ learns, participation in company campaigns, and actively seeks potential cross-sell and/or referral opportunities during interaction with plan members and clients. Achieves established annual sales and referral targets.
Company Support: We offer full mentor support and administrative assistance in processing trades and transactions. You will receive multiple referrals each month assisting you in growing your book of business.
Other duties: as required by company leadership.
Required Skills, Experience & Qualifications
· College or Tech School Diploma (2 years) in related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Mutual Funds License required.
· Life License (LLQP) is required.
· CFP is preferred, target date and direction to achieve this will be considered.
· 2-3 years in a financial institution experience
· Demonstrated ability to recognize needs, identify appropriate products and build strong client relationships.
· Self-starter with ability to work independently and solve problems using common sense and sound judgment.
· Proficient in computer software e.g. Microsoft Office
· Displays an understanding of risk and risk ownership by being able to demonstrate adherence to policies and procedures.
Dependent on assets under administration and insurance production. As a team member McLeod Mooney will support you every step of the way. Your income will not be limited.
An independent financial advisor/certified financial planner needs to have the desire to build their own book of business. We will offer every support needed and many referrals monthly to help you achieve your goals.